This committee shall report to the Permanente Dental Associates Board of Directors. In addition, it shall maintain a cooperative and mutually supportive working relationship with the Quality Assurance and Peer Review Committees. This committee shall keep records of its deliberations and decisions which shall be made available for review by appropriate entities as determined by PDA’s Board of Directors. Official committee minutes and other committee documentation are maintained by the chairperson.
Meeting Time & Frequency
This committee will meet at least quarterly, but not more than monthly at a time and place convenient to all participants.
The Clinical Effectiveness Committee is charged with “facilitating rapid, enthusiastic, program-wide adoption of evidence-based principles, medical-dental integration, oral health research and uniformity of benefit application.”
Requirements necessary to achieve this vision
- Accurate information received into PDA in a timely manner that stimulates desire for change.
Information can come from many sources: clinicians, Dental Administration, or Board of Directors
CEC is to function as a clearinghouse to prioritize clinical quality projects
- Operational impacts or barriers to change must be identified.
- Information identified in #1 is shared effectively with all clinicians and affected personnel.
- Concerns and questions generated by stakeholders in #3 addressed.
- Project feedback or measurement processes identified for evaluation by clinicians and administrative personnel.
- Establish clinical quality metrics.
Annually prepare clinical section of the Quality Plan and deliver to the Board of Directors for approval by September of each year.
- Dental Director*
- Dentist Appointees – 1 primary care dentist (general dentist, pediatric dentist, prosthodontist) from each dental office.
*Denotes chairperson or co-chairperson
|Dan Pihlstrom, DDS* (Chair)||Cedar Hills Dental|
|Chuck Row, DDS||Aloha Dental|
|Russel Leoni, DMD||Beaverton Dental|
|Aaron Johnson, DMD||Cascade Park Dental|
|Aaron Lau, DMD||Cedar Hills Dental|
|Yoshiyuki Muraki, DMD||Clackamas Dental|
|John Oki, DMD||Eastmoreland Dental|
|Rebecca Guild, DMD||Glisan Dental|
|Nhu-Ha Tran, DMD||Gresham Dental|
|Jennifer Gilbert, DMD||Grand Dental|
|Jennifer Teng, DDS||Johnson Creek Dental|
|Dylan Sorber, DMD||Longview-Kelso Dental|
|Monica Peterson, DMD||N. Interstate Dental|
|Aziz Karam, DMD||N. Lancaster Dental|
|Rachel White, DDS||Oregon City Dental|
|Corey Malensek, DMD||Rockwood Dental|
|Emily Jones, DMD||Salmon Creek Dental|
|Tristan Wong, DMD||Skyline Dental|
|Teresa Doan, DMD||Tanasbourne Dental|
|Ryan LeClaire, DDS||Tigard Dental|
|Tara Paluska, DDS||Valley River Dental|
- The CEC meets every month on the first Thursday, from 8:00am – 1:00pm at KPB.
- To confirm a meeting please contact: Sonja Eldred